Volunteering With Your Little
- The Anti-Cruelty Society – offers a variety of ways in which children and tweens can become involved in our community of caring.
- Chicago Canine Rescue – from dog walking to events to helping around the shelter, volunteers help our mission come to life!
- Chicago Cares – empowers people to roll up their sleeves, connect across lines of difference, and learn about the challenges facing Chicago. Our volunteers work together to solve issues, and along the way, they build empathy, reduce their biases, and take deeper action to create equity in our city.
- The Honeycomb Project – work in partnership with more than 45 local organizations to develop the very best multi-generational volunteer experiences.
- Little Sisters of the Poor St. Mary’s Home – whether you volunteer to come to assist residents to get from their room to the dining room at lunch, or stroll with one of them in our garden while listening to their life experience, your presence touches the elderly who live there.
If you are interested in volunteering with your Little, check out Chicago Cares! They are a public and community service organization that sponsor several projects and volunteer opportunities that allow matches to volunteer together. You can search for projects by availability and type.
Meet LB Dequan and BB Jeff, a match that’s been together for seven years! Dequan and Jeff regularly take advantage of agency events and ticket offers, including Get Up and Move!, Cubs games, and Northwestern football games. While they have a lot of fun together, this match also spends a substantial amount of time engaging in outcomes-focused activities. They volunteered through Chicago Cares at an elderly shelter where they served breakfast, played bingo, and (most importantly) gave back together!