The Big Brothers Big Sisters of Metro Chicago (BBBSChi) mission is to create and support one-to-one mentoring relationships that ignite the power and promise of youth.
At BBBSChi we value our donors. We consider you a vital partner in this work. After all, it is your generous financial support that fuels the life-changing impact in pursuit of this mission.
BBBSChi is recognized as exempt under section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code and financial contributions are tax- deductible as allowed by law.
As a donor of BBBSChi, please know that we will protect your privacy in the following ways:
- We will never sell, trade or share your personal information with anyone outside our organization.
- We will never send you mailings on behalf of other organizations.
- Every donor has the right to remain anonymous. If you would prefer to remain anonymous as a donor, please let us know, and we will refrain from including you or your organization’s name in our public donor recognition lists (on our website, in our annual report, and occasionally in other publications).
- If you would like to be removed from our public listings or from our mailing list all together, please let us know by contacting Mary Collins at: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will remove you as quickly as we can.
So that we can maintain your full confidence and support, please know that as a donor of BBBSChi, you are also entitled to the following:
- You have a right to know how your donation was spent.
- To ensure that our donors have updated information, we publish a detailed Annual Impact Report. In addition, you’ll find our Form 990, and Financial Statements located under the “Financials” heading on the “About” page of the website.
- BBBSChi will also prepare personalized reports as required in written grant agreements and/ or as requested by a donor.
- In addition, we love to meet with current or prospective donors in person. If you’d like to set up a meeting to discuss your philanthropic interests or to learn more about BBBSChi’s efforts to help Chicagoland youth achieve their full potential, please contact Kate Rhodes, Manager of Individual Giving and Major Gifts, at email@example.com or 312.207.5622.
- Unless otherwise agreed upon by the donor and representatives of BBBSChi, all donations made outside of a specific campaign initiative will fund general operating support for the mission.
- All financial donations made to BBBSChi will be acknowledged in a timely manner, and a receipt for your tax-deductible donation will be provided.
- Finally, as a donor to BBBSChi, you have the right to ask questions about our programs, governance and finances. If you have questions, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for partnering with us in this mission and for defending the potential of the youth we are honored to serve!