Having to choose which kid deserves our help…that doesn’t need to be an option
There are literally thousands of kids in our communities waiting for the life-changing opportunity that having a Big Brother or Big Sister offers. Every day, children experience too many negative influences and roadblocks to reaching their potential. That’s where you and the Drive for 5 (D45) come in to play. The goal of the D45 is to take the Big Brothers Big Sisters’ proven one-to-one mentoring model to scale and move from serving 2,000 kids to 5,000 annually.
first…watch the mission in action
The Road Ahead: How We Get To The $8.975M Goal
Making and sustaining one-to-one mentoring relationships is at the core of D45
• Invest in talented people who recruit, screen, train and match volunteers with children on the waitlist
• Provide ongoing match support and guidance to sustain life-changing relationships
• Invest in the latest technology to maximize efficiency and effectiveness in match making and match support
BBBS enriches each match through unique opportunities
• Invest in future-focused opportunities for Littles: reading and writing workshops, coding classes, campus visits and scholarships
• Invest in keeping matches together by providing shared experiences such as tickets to arts, cultural, and sporting events
Gain presence, relevance and trust in underserved neighborhoods and communities
• Establish six strategically located regional offices
• Employ individuals from targeted neighborhoods who are representative of the families we serve
• Build awareness and engagement through strategic community partnerships and outreach
Regional Growth Strategy
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Metro Chicago (BBBSChi) will advance a three-year plan focused on each of the identified regional service areas. This area-specific growth strategy is designed to provide 500 kids with a 1:1 mentoring relationship, addressing a set of risk factors that repeat across communities which make youth in these areas more vulnerable to victimization and perpetration.
Establishing a regional community office and a commitment to hiring locally will allow for greater collaboration with other organizations which, in turn, will increase overall impact and volunteer recruitment, build community relationships and establish meaningful referral networks.
Littles' Lives Are Changed
graduated high school
avoided arrest or incarceration
maintained or improved family/parental connectedness
Campaign Giving Chart
The following funding matrix represents the breakdown of gifts that will be needed to reach $8.975 million Campaign goal.
This goal represents gifts above and beyond annual
contributions and will likely be reached with pledges made
over a two to three-year time frame.
Frequently Asked Questions
MAKING MATCHES: $5,975,000
ENHANCING EXPERIENCES: $500,000
TRANSFORMING COMMUNITIES: $2,500,000
Annual Fund provides "money to live on"
D45 Campaign provides "money to grow with"
The Annual Fund is integral to the operating budget. The Annual Fund and other event-related income are immediately put to our most pressing needs and operational costs. The Annual Fund represents an ongoing, continuing effort.
The D45 Campaign is an intensive, multi-year fundraising effort to secure gifts and pledges that will provide the resources needed to grow mission impact. The Campaign has a defined lifespan with a beginning and an end.